When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Back

RE: wind sensor elevation

FY
Fateme Yousefi, modified 7 Months ago.

wind sensor elevation

Capillary Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/23/19 Recent Posts

Hi,

I am modeling dune evolution on a barrier island and trying to make a wind data file, but am not sure what wind velocity to use. There are two stations around my filed site, one is a CDIP buoy about 15 km away from the shoreline, and one is a NOAA station close to the field site behind the barrier island. The elevation of CDIP wind sensor is 4 m and NOAA’s is 10 m. I used CDIP data in SWAN model to transform waves from CDIP to the XBeach domain boundary (1 km distance to the shoreline), and I plan to use NOAA’s wind data (which is closer to the site) in XBeach.

My question is what are the requirements for XBeach wind data? Can I just use NOAA’s wind data as they are or should I convert its 10 m data to a lower elevation?

I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Fateme

FY
Fateme Yousefi, modified 4 Months ago.

RE: wind sensor elevation

Capillary Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/23/19 Recent Posts

I was informed that the sensor elevation of wind input is assumed to be 10 m.

Fateme